JD – South Texas College of Law, 2000
BS – Education, Southern Illinois University, 1971
- Employment Discrimination
- Human Resources Advice and Counsel Employment Tort and Contract
- Employment Handbooks and Policies Whistleblower Complaints
- Wage and Hour Litigation
- Trade Secret Protection
- Non-compete Agreements and Enforcement Labor-Management Relations
- Contract Negotiations and Arbitration Unfair Labor Practices
- Appellate Litigation
Licensed – State of Texas, 2000
Board certified – Labor and Employment Law
U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
U.S. District Courts, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
Texas Supreme Court
State Bar of Texas, Labor & Employment Law Section
HBA, Labor & Employment Law Section
The Woodlands Bar Association
Linda H. Evans
Linda Evans practices exclusively in the area of labor and employment law, advising and representing management on all types of employment issues, including compliance, administrative proceedings and litigation as well as in traditional labor issues.
Ms. Evans has considerable experience in dealing with national and state administrative agencies, such as the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Texas Workforce Commission, Texas Commission on Human Rights, U.S. Department of Labor, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, not only in Texas but in many other states. She has successfully handled cases under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the ADA, the ADEA, the FLSA, the FMLA and other causes of action and has won summary judgment at both the U.S. District Court and Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals levels. Her clients range from small, family-owned companies to large, multi-state publicly traded organizations. She has conducted training seminars for members of management and assisted companies in reviewing and revising employee handbooks and policies.
In the traditional labor field, Ms. Evans has experience with union elections and campaigns, unfair labor practice claims, grievances, arbitration, unit certification and collective bargaining.
Ms. Evans is a well-regarded and experienced speaker. She has presented seminars on a variety of employment law issues and has authored a number of articles on labor and employment law topics. She is a contributing co-author of the Texas Association of Business Employment Law Handbook.
- 14th Annual Labor & Employment Law Seminar – The Woodlands Chamber of Commerce, October 2010; received one of the highest evaluations
- Eight-hour seminar on all aspects of employment law for heads of Montessori schools from across the country, October 2012
- Served on the planning committee of 16th Annual Labor & Employment Law Seminar-The Woodlands Chamber of Commerce, October 2012
- Two-hour seminar for 25 heads of Houston-area dental offices on basic employment law